Find Your Artistic Voice!
Formal lessons / paint togethers 2 Fridays every month
plus a lot more
Join Jessie and other dedicated artists twice a month throughout 2024. Through a series of engaging exercises, discover your authentic painting style. Explore areas for improvement and discover the elements that make your art uniquely yours.
12 month small group workshop with personal attention
When: Join Live two Fridays per month
from Jan – Dec 2024
10 am – 1 pm Chicago time
Or watch recordings any time
Painting medium: Any
- Live workshop zooms twice a month (72 hours of live workshop time!)
- access to 9 recorded lessons on core painting topics (paint mixing, seeing values, etc.)
- get personalized feedback and email support between zooms
Strong beginners to advanced artists.
Use any painting medium you enjoy! Demos will be in oil paints, acrylics, or watercolor, depending on the exercise – or by request. Contact Jessie for an individualized supply list to fit your personal needs.
- Explore your unique painting style in this fun, supportive workshop
- Through a series of engaging exercises, we’ll delve into the joy of painting, helping you identify what resonates most with you in your work. Explore areas for improvement and discover the elements that make your art uniquely yours.
- Topics will include subject matter, sketching and planning, composition, color, value, level of abstraction, and more!
Jan – Purpose, productivity, motivation, priorities and subject matter
Feb 9 – Planning a painting series
Feb 23 – Color, feeling and voice
March and April – Find Your Color Palette
May, June, and July 12 – Composition and You
July 26 and August – Your Key to Value
September – Abstraction and You (Simplification, Detail, Lost and Found)
October – Your Unique Mark
November and December – Wrapping up
Q What if I will miss some zooms?
A You can watch the recordings any time, or skip on to the next zoom.
Q Will I get feedback on my work, or help with a technique?
A Email Jessie between lessons for kudos, critiques, or technique demos.
More FAQ at the bottom.
🎨 Welcome to Jessie’s flagship year-long workshop for 2024!
Are you ready to explore your unique painting style and discover your artistic voice?
This workshop is crafted to help you discover or refine your unique painting style through exploration, experimentation, and practice.
With twice-monthly Zoom sessions, optional student paint-together times, and email support, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to learn and grow.
We all have different amounts of time. You are welcome to spend exactly the amount of time you want on this workshop!
- If time is limited, join us for 3 hours twice a month, and make progress in your painting journey! What if you will be traveling or otherwise can’t join for part of the year? That’s ok! You will still get a lot out of the workshop, and catch up if you want to with the recordings.
- If you want to invest more time in the workshop, that’s great. Start by preparing your own source materials (you’ll get direction). Then do the suggested homework – which can be expanded to become serious projects!
What to Expect:
✨ Twice-Monthly Zoom Sessions: Jessie’s interactive Zoom sessions are the perfect opportunity to ask questions and connect with other artists. We meet twice a month on the 2nd and 4th Fridays of the month, except when scheduling around holidays. There will be short presentations, exercises, and lots of exploration and painting time.
✨ Recordings: Can’t make it live? No worries—all sessions will be recorded for your convenience.
✨ Exploration and Exercises: Through a series of engaging exercises, we’ll delve into the joy of painting, helping you identify what resonates most with you in your work. Explore areas for improvement and discover the elements that make your art uniquely yours.
✨ Painting Materials: A sketch book and pencil, and painting materials for small studies. Besides that, you are welcome to use any painting medium you enjoy in this workshop! This workshop is not medium-specific. Demos will be in oil paints, acrylics, or watercolor, depending on the exercise – or by request. Contact Jessie for an individualized supply list, to fit your personal needs.
✨ Everyone will have the opportunity (but not the obligation) to share and ask questions.
✨ Friendly Discussions: Enjoy open discussions of artwork in a friendly community where encouragement is plentiful, and unsolicited critiquing is avoided.
Q: What if I have questions or want feedback on my work? Will I get individual attention?
A: Yes, you’ll get lots of individual attention. You can ask questions during the weekly zooms or email me.
Q: Can I enroll my kid in the workshop?
A: This is designed for adult artists. Teens with adult-level maturity would be welcome. For younger kids, sorry, this isn’t the right workshop.
Q: I’m an absolute beginning artist. Is this a good workshop for me?
A: This workshop is designed for artists with some experience. Try Oil Painting Basics. Or contact me about my upcoming alla carte workshops on core painting topics.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.